1. How much space do I need for Photovoltaic installation?
1 kWp of Solar panels needs 6.4 – 10 m2, plus free space around and space between rows (for flat roofs).
2. How much electricity does a PV system generate?
The average power generation of PV Systems in Cyprus is 1500-1600 kWh/kWp/year.
3. How much does it pay for each kWh?
New plans don’t pronounce feed in tariff.
4. What is the payback for a residential solar PV installation?
Payback is estimated at 3-4 years.
5. Can I export any of the electricity I generate?
You can export the excess energy and take it back later on.
6. Are there any grants available?
Yes, there is a grant for the vulnerable persons of 900€ / KWp.
7. Do I need permission from building control to install solar panels?
Building permit for the PV System is not necessary up to 20 KWp.
8. How long will the installation take?
Once the permit is issued, a 3KWp Net-Metering is installed in 1-2 days.
9. How much does a solar PV panel weigh?
A Solar panel is about 19-21Kg with total load approximately 15Kg/m2, including the mounting system.