1. How much space do I need for a Photovoltaic installation?
For 1 KWp of Solar panels the space needed is 6.5m² for inclined roof and 15m² for flat roof.
2. How much electricity does a PV system produces over a year?
The average electricity production of PV Systems in Cyprus is 1700-1800 ΚWh/1ΚWp/year.
3. Is there any subsidy plan for photovoltaic systems?
There is a subsidy scheme for €375/1KWp installed system with a maximum of €1500 (€562.50/1KWp installed system with a maximum of €2250 for midmountain + mountain areas), to all the household owners with the only criteria that the building license of the house has been obtained before 1/1/2017. Additionally, there is a subsidy scheme for vulnerable individuals, 3kids + families and for the elderly* for €1000/1KWp installed system with a maximum of €5000.
4. What is the payback for a residential solar PV installation?
Payback period is estimated at 2-3 years.
5. Can I export any of the electricity I produce from the photovoltaic system?
You can export the excess energy produced to the grid and use it during the night or following days or it can even be transferred onto the next bill.
6. Are there any plans for selling the production from the photovotaic system?
There is a plan for large scale photovoltaic parks to enter in the competitive market and sell their production to an aggregator / agent.
7. Do I need a building license to install a photovoltaic system?
If there is an existing building license in a plot then you do not need a new building license to install a PV system
8. How long will the installation take?
Once the relevant permit is issued, 1-2 days are required to install a PV system up to10kW.
9. How much does a solar PV panel weigh?
A Solar panel is about 18-20Kg with total permanent load on the area to be installed approximately 15Kg/m2, including the mounting system.
10. Where do our panels/inverters originate from?
Germany & Italy
11. How can you check if a photovoltaic system is working properly?
Our systems incorporate the current latest technology in the industry where clients can see their system status and their production online with the use of apps on smart phones, tablets, PCs or even directly on the indications on the solar inverter.
12. When is a good time to schedule professional cleaning? (Beginning of May, July, Sept)
In order to maintain good production, it is best to clean the parks 3 times a year between the begging of May until the end of September. (This varies according to the dirtiness of the panels within that period.)
13. How long does it take to clean a solar photovoltaic plant?
In a flat level ground PV park, our Solar Cleaner F3500 Telescopic machine can clean a plant of up to 1.5 MW within ONE DAY. The cleaning time depends on the gravel surface as well.